eFootball PES 2020 Mobile – Tremendous Stride Forward for Competitive Football
Here at the PES team, the eFootball PES 2020 mobile update represents another tremendous stride towards realizing our goal of providing fans with the most immersive competitive football simulation ever created.
For us, the core concept of PES is defined by the type of heart stopping thrills that can only be experienced when facing off against real people in real time. This idea is embodied by our new title – eFootball, which symbolizes an unprecedented fusion between esports and football. In alignment with this, PES 2020 will redouble the series’ focus on providing fans the world over with fun and creative ways to compete against one another, in both local and online multiplayer.
As the franchise moves into the future, we are striving to achieve a heightened level of synchronicity between our console and mobile titles. This will be clearer than ever before in PES 2020 mobile, as fans will be able to enjoy a lot of the same critically acclaimed features that saw our console title lauded at 2019's Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) with the 'Best Sports Game' award. This includes the new Finesse Dribble mechanic developed in close consultation with renowned midfielder Andrés Iniesta, which will allow you to tap into your creativity to nimbly outmanoeuvre the opposition and create scoring opportunities.
In addition to the renewal of our partnership with FC Barcelona, we are also proud to announce new partnerships with several of the world’s most exciting clubs, including global giants Manchester United, German champions FC Bayern München and Italian champions Juventus – who feature exclusively in PES 2020. This October, fans can expect to see assets from all of these clubs recreated in-game with jaw dropping attention to detail.
In December, the brand new online mode Matchday will be making its mobile debut, allowing fans to participate in competitive online events to earn amazing rewards. In Matchday, you’ll align yourself with one of two different sides at the start of each event, wherein you’ll stand alongside PES newcomers and seasoned veterans alike as you work together to gradually build an advantage for your side ahead of a grand final showdown.
Data from the latest football season will also be implemented along with the PES 2020 update, which will result in some changes to in-game team rosters. For further details on how the data update will affect teams, as well as information about other data that will carry over to the new game, be sure to see the Carryover Guide for PES 2019 Users section below.
New Gameplay Features Coming to PES 2020 Mobile
- How Will You Choose to Play?
In PES 2020, expert opinion has been employed wherever possible to ensure that every element of gameplay stands up to the scrutiny of even the most discerning of football fans. Most notably, the development team have worked closely with Andrés Iniesta to translate his innate ability to read the space around him and slip through the tiniest cracks of an otherwise impregnable defensive line into a new dynamic dribbling technique.
- Fans of the series will agree, authenticity has always been important in PES, and that applies just as much to your on-pitch failures as it does your triumphs. In alignment with this philosophy, PES 2020 will feature realistic portrayal of player error, creating more opportunities for you to take advantage of careless mistakes made by opponents, while also encouraging you to live and breathe every moment of competition to ensure your own play is on point.
Several new first-touch techniques have also been added, empowering you to take command of the ball in a way that suits your personal playstyle. In addition, significant enhancements to the physics engine ensures a new level of realism when interacting with the ball, contributing to a deeper gameplay experience. A slew of new animations have also been added to more accurately portray actions like sliding tackles with greater accuracy.
- The new Inspire characteristic will enable fans to see player personalities play out on the pitch with unprecedented realism.
In PES 2020, not only will each player’s individual playstyle affect the way he interacts with the ball, but it will also have a significant impact on the behaviour of the players around him.
There are also a number of new skills and abilities coming to PES 2020 that will add another layer of depth to squad-building, as you’ll have to give careful consideration to what each skill and ability brings to the team. Pick players with the Aggression ability for matches where a heavy handed approach might be necessary to combat a team with skilled attackers. Conversely, you might consider picking players with the Tight Possession ability when you need someone who can snake through the gaps of an iron-clad defense.
With so many tools at your disposal, what type of football will you choose to play?
- Licensed to Thrill
We are very excited to welcome several new clubs into the fold as official Konami Partners, including the likes of Manchester United, FC Bayern München and Juventus – which, in addition to clubs like FC Barcelona, will all be available in the palm of your hand from launch.
We are also proud to have signed players from all of these clubs as PES Ambassadors, including superstars like Lionel Messi, Scott McTominay, Miralem Pjanić and Serge Gnabry, all of whom will appear in game menus and various promotions down the line.
What’s more, fans will be ecstatic to hear that we have added Serie A TIM to our long list of league licenses, allowing you to enjoy the crème de la crème of Italian football.
New Legends are also planned for release in the near future, so stay tuned for updates as we move closer to launch!
- A Step Towards Realism With Unreal
- With PES 2019 mobile, we brought you an unprecedented level of visual fidelity through the implementation of Unreal Engine 4. Now, after another year working with this amazing technology, our skilled developers have managed to eke out every last drop of performance. This has resulted in an even more visually impressive experience, with various improvements added throughout the game, including short animated sequences that trigger when new players join your team.
In addition, player movements are smoother than you've ever seen them, with vast improvements to their animation sets making it far easier for fans to get emotionally invested in every triumphant victory and every crushing disappointment.
- Changes to Online Match Ratings
- In PES 2020, we will be improving the way that we calculate ratings for online matches. This new system will ensure that your rating is a more accurate reflection of your actual skill level. Our matchmaking algorithm will also make use of this new and improved rating system to create a competitive online experience that is both fair and challenging. As a result of these changes, we will be resetting all ratings along with the PES 2020 update. We are also doing away with PES 2019’s monthly rating reset system – your rating will now be calculated on a permanent basis.
- Commentary Languages
- We are excited to announce that Korean will be added to the list of commentary languages available in PES 2020.
- Local Leagues
- The Local League feature that was available in PES 2019 will no longer be available in PES 2020. We apologise to all the fans that enjoyed this mode.
- Question: When will the teams, players, Trainers, Scouts and Managers that are included in PES 2019 but not in PES 2020 be announced?
- Answer: Everything will be announced on the official website in late September, 2019. Please note that any player, Scout or Manager that falls under this category will no longer be obtainable in PES 2019 from the date of the announcement.
- Question: Will the squads I made in PES 2019 carry over?
- Answer: No. Player and Manager data will be updated when PES 2020 goes live, meaning that all squads will be reset.
- Question: Will unclaimed Inbox items from PES 2019 still be claimable once the update goes live?
- Answer: Yes.
- Question: If I have claimed but not yet used any Silver+, Gold+ or Black Ball Agents when the update is implemented, will I still be able to use them when PES 2020 goes live?
- Answer: Yes, but you will have a limited time to do so. Please also note that the players signable by each agent may differ depending on when you use them, so be sure to check the list of available players before using your agents.
- Question: How will the update affect my achievements?
- Answer: The following achievements will be removed:
・Over Level 31
*If you’ve completed any achievements but have yet to claim their rewards, make sure you do this before the PES 2020 update goes live.
- Question: Will remaining contracted matches for players and Managers be carried over to PES 2020?
- Answer: No, they won't. During the update, Contracted Matches Remaining will be set to 10 for players and 25 for Managers.
- Question: Will unused Contract Tickets, Pos. Boost items, New Player Skills items and Management Skills Boost items carry over to PES 2020?
- Answer: Yes.
- Question: Will the effect of items I used on my players in PES 2019 carry over to PES 2020?
- Answer: No. The effect of New Player Skills items and Pos. Boost items used on PES 2019 players will be nullified by the update.
- Question: Will the effect of items I used on my Managers in PES 2019 carry over to PES 2020?
- Answer: No. The effect of Management Skills Boost items used on PES 2019 Managers will be nullified by the update.
- Question: Can Carryover Players be traded?NEW
- Answer: If you have 3 identical Carryover Players you can trade them for 1 Base Player.
For example, for a specific player that is included in PES 2020, if you have 1 player of the "Base Player" type and 2 players of the "Featured Player" type in PES 2019, they will all become Carryover Players of that player. You can then trade these 3 Carryover Players for a Base Player.
Beware, however, that you will not be able to trade using different types of a player.
For example, you cannot trade using 2 players of the "Carryover Player" type and 1 player of the "Base Player/Featured Player" type, as they would be considered different types of that player.
- Question: Above, it was written that: "If a Base Player you obtained in PES 2019 is included in PES 2020, his player data will be updated to data from September 2019, and he will be automatically converted into a Carryover Player when the update goes live". What kind of data is encompassed in "data from September 2019"?NEW
- Answer: KONAMI will examine the performance of each player during Semptember and will create a database with this information. This will serve as a basis to define player's in-game attributes.
On the October update, this data will be applied to all players, including Carryover Players and Base Players. Therefore, at this point in time, both Carryover Players and Base Players of a specific player will have the same in-game attributes.
Notice that after the October update goes live, independent of when you perform the update on your device, the Carryover Players in your team will have their ingame attributes set to the data from September 2019.
- Question: How many contract renewal tickets will I receive if I have multiple players that will be exchanged due to the fact that they are not included in PES 2020?NEW
- Answer: If you have at least 1 player that will be exchanged, you will receive 10 contract renewal tickets. Having multiple players will not increase the number of tickets you will receive.
- Question: Will there be any changes to the mobile platforms that PES 2020 is compatible with?NEW
- Answer: No. PES 2020 will be compatible with the same platforms as PES 2019.