Konami Digital Entertainment is seeking a Brand Manager to support the Director of Marketing and Licensing in ensuring that brands are accurately positioned, promoted, sold into the retail / digital channels, and ultimately sold thru to achieve forecasts and revenue goals.
The position will assume ownership of assigned projects and be responsible for developing and executing all marketing strategies. This includes development of the product marketing strategy, creative strategy, overall demand generation, budget creation, research, sales support plan and day-to-day execution of the marketing plan.
This position requires close collaboration with functional departments (product development, Sales, PR, Finance, Operations, Business development, etc.) to ensure timely and effective delivery of marketing strategies. Position will have high visibility with external partners and first-party publishers on licensed products, as well as interaction with members of the executive staff. Ideal candidate will have a strong background in the interactive games industry with a passion for entertainment and technology.
Must be both a creative and analytical thinker, have strong problem solving skills and the ability to manage multiple products throughout the product life cycle. Must be able to manage strategic relationships, conduct/gather research and produce dynamic communication tools with a global viewpoint.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Licensing, product development, cross-functional team and external agencies to develop detailed marketing and promotion plans for all strategies, promotions and product launches. This includes development of comprehensive marketing plans & strategies, as well as detailed follow-thru on their execution months prior to product launch. -> “Go To Market Plans”
- Schedule and conduct positioning, launch planning, and roll-out meetings with Director of Marketing and Licensing, product development, and external agencies. Maintain detailed assignment checklists and ensure deadlines are communicated to all individual departments.
- Provide product/promotion information to the appropriate teams involved on each assigned project through marketing plans/promotional calendars, and distribute/update as needed.
- Work with Director of Marketing & Licensing, product development, and external agencies to ensure that all marketing materials (marketing assets, ad creative, online marketing etc.) are developed to support marketing plans and sales goals, and are completed on time and within budget.
- Review new technology and competitive products for each assigned title. Identify strengths and weaknesses based on these reviews and make recommendations that will be reflected both in feedback to product development as well as to external agencies.
- Participate in the development of the marketing budget for each Konami Brand that is overseen. Ensure that efforts undertaken throughout the year comply with approved individual product budgets.
- Assist in the greenlight process and title/IP evaluation for incoming IP via acquisition, internal development and beyond.
- Must be fluent and comfortable with analytics – Forecasting and competitive analysis will be required with focus on historical sales trending analysis and a keen sense of market dynamics for recommendations into Sr. Management team.
- Schedule, assist, and coordinate marketing research needs by participating in focus groups, field research, and implementation of questionnaires or online surveys. Incorporate key data points from research into all marketing strategies & activities where applicable.
- Evaluate the results of all marketing plans by soliciting post-mortem feedback from sales, product development, and external agencies. Shared results will include such items as what worked and what did not, as well as recommendations for future marketing plans surrounding Konami titles.
- Work closely with product development and brand teams globally to ensure a synchronized strategy for our product releases.
- Follow through on all external processing including ratings submissions, First Party submissions, etc. within a timely manner to avoid any delays.
- Successful candidates will have 3-5 years of brand marketing experience in the video games industry with a successful track record of bringing products to market
- Experience working in console or PC game industries is desired
- Experience developing brand strategies, conducting market research, implementing marketing plans, managing strategic relationships and product lifecycle management
- Must have good organizational skills and be very detail oriented
- Candidates must work well in a fast-paced environment, be flexible, and possess a can-do attitude and able to think two steps ahead
- Possess excellent project management skills to effectively track multiple deliverables across functional areas and timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think creatively, identify problems, and offer solutions
- Ability to complete assignments within tight and often difficult deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree required Bilingual in Japanese is a plus!
- A POSITIVE AND SUPPORTIVE ATTITUDE IS A MUST!
DEPARTMENT: Marketing (Los Angeles, CA)
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing and Licensing