First Update for KONAMI’S Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection Brings Online Multiplayer to TMNT IV: Turtles in Time
The first patch includes online gameplay improvements, new strategy guides
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. (KONAMI) today announced the first major update for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection. The first patch brings new game enhancements to spice up how players experience the 13 classic TMNT games! Highly requested changes to improve online modes have been included in this patch. Online multiplayer capabilities for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (Super Nintendo) will also be included in this patch with online play coming for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project (NES) in a future update.
Additionally, new tips and tricks have been added to the strategy guides to help players get a fighting edge over their opponent in both Tournament Fighter games and make Master Splinter proud. Customizable button mapping, additional screen filters for all GameBoy games, and other quality-of-life changes have been added.
Full patch notes:
• Home Menu icon changed to the box art. (Switch®)
• PS4® arcade controller is now supported. PS4® joystick support has now been implemented (PS5®)
• Xbox arcade stick is now supported. Xbox® joystick support has now been implemented (XB1/XSX®)
• When creating an online lobby, the player can now set the lobby size for the two arcade games. Host can limit it to 2, 3, or 4 players.
• When creating an online lobby, the player can now set the frame delay to “Automatic”. When this is set, the input lag adjusts according to the number of players.
• A new enhancement added to SNES and Super Famicom TMNT: Tournament Fighters. Ultimate-Attacks can now be enabled in Story Mode ON/OFF.
• A new enhancement added to Super Famicom TMNT: Tournament Fighters. “Group Mode” can now be enabled ON/OFF. (Only available in the Japanese version.)
• A new enhancement added to Arcade US/JP Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Number of lives per coin can be adjusted from 1-5.
• A new enhancement added to Arcade US Turtles in Time. Number of lives per coin can be adjusted from 1-8.
• A new enhancement added to Arcade US/JP Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Difficulty can be adjusted.
• A new enhancement added to Arcade US Turtles in Time. Difficulty can be adjusted.
• A new enhancement added to Arcade US Turtles in Time. Game Loop can now be turned ON/OFF. While ON, the game will restart from the beginning after the credits.
• New button action added to “Arcade US/JP TMNT”, “Arcade US Turtles in Time”, “SNES/Super Famicom Turtles in Time”, and “Genesis/MegaDrive Hyperstone Heist”. Players can now assign a button to “Special”. This button presses “Attack” and “Jump” together to make it easier to do special attacks.
• A new color enhancement added to all GameBoy games. Added GBC Mode ON/OFF. A new “Color Palette” option added to the Pause Menu for all GameBoy games. In additional to other filters, players can choose between 4 color palettes, 1. black and white, 2. GameBoy green, 3. GameBoy Pocket green, 4. GameBoy Light blue.
• Audio for various games and the Main Menu adjusted
• Additional pages for NES Tournament Fighters and GEN Tournament Fighters added to the Strategy Guide.
• Additional page for GEN Tournament Fighters and GEN Hyperstone Heist added to the Strategy Guide.
• Visual settings are saved per game.
• German translation for “Punch repeatedly” for Strategy guide page 11 has been fixed.
• In the music player, the cassette tape icon for the arcade TMNT show now shows the correct icon.
• On page 5 of the Strategy Guide (SNES Turtles in Time), Turtle Tip 3 screenshot has been replaced.
• In SNES Turtles in Time, Stage Select enhancements now works even after settings are changed in Options.
• In Hyperstone Heist, Stage Select enhancements now works when selecting 2 players.
• Easy Menu Navigation enhancement for TMNT III Manhattan Project (NES) /TMNT 2 The Manhattan Project (Famicom) now work.
• Extra Credits enhancements to SNES Tournament Fighters now work.
• SNES Turtles in Time manual in the museum now includes missing page 18-19.
©2022 Viacom Overseas Holdings C.V. All Rights Reserved. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and all related titles, logos and characters are trademarks of Viacom Overseas Holdings C.V. Nickelodeon and all related titles, logos and characters are trademarks of Viacom International Inc. ©2022 Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.