A new esports competition,
As part of our mission to allow more players to experience the joy of esports, "eFootball" - combining esports and football - was added to the title of the series and with "eFootball PES 2020", we will also introduce a brand new type of esports competition.
Through two separate tournaments, KONAMI will crown the world's No. 1 eFootball player and professional club. The "eFootball.Open" tournament will be open to all users through the new in-game mode "Matchday". The "eFootball.Pro" tournament will see the best professional players wear the colors of their football clubs to compete against the top eFootball teams.
Furthermore, the joint sponsorship competitions in co-operation with football associations such as “eJ.LEAGUE Winning Eleven 2019 Season”(Mobile) or “TOYOTA E-LEAGUE”(PS4) will be held in Asia, South America and Europe as local eFootball tournaments.
The total prize pool across eFootball will be over US$2M, with significant prizes available for eFootball.Pro
Further details regarding the competition will be announced later through the official website.
An exclusive league for professional players belonging to real-world football clubs from Europe that will compete against each other in the name of their club.
- ・Competition format: 3v3 CO-OP.
- ・Only professional players belonging to a European club are eligible to enter eFootball.Pro and the prize money will be awarded to their club.
- ・Clubs will be responsible for selecting their own players. They will be largely chosen from last season’s professional players and those who participated in the recent Regional and World Finals of KONAMI's previous esports competition, PES LEAGUE.
The amateur eFootball tournament previously known as PES LEAGUE is now reborn as eFootball.Open, and through the new online Matchday mode makes esports accessible to everyone.
- ・Competition format: 1v1.
- ・For increased accessibility, users will be separated into classes according to their level.
- ・Top-tier users will have a chance to win a prize money by proceeding to Regional and World Finals after Online qualifiers.
Please note that the above information is subject to change.
Further announcements regarding eFootball will be made at a later date.