Additional eFootball News
The competition will kick off in December 2019! - Details About the eFootball.Open Announced
More information about Konami's new esports program featuring the console & mobile versions of the Pro Evolution Soccer series, "eFootball", revealed.
Both "eFootball.Pro", Konami's competition for professional players belonging to real football clubs and "eFootball.Open", a competition open to all players will kick off at the beginning of December.
Before the competitions begin, we will announce the clubs participating in eFootball.Pro and start registrations for eFootball.Open in mid-November, so please stay tuned.
Please check below for more details about eFootball.Open.
eFootball.Open is an online esports tournament featuring Matchday and is open to all players, replacing the previous PES LEAGUE competition.
- ・Competition format : 1 vs 1.
- ・Players will be divided into "Expert", "Intermediate", and "Basic" levels so that a wide variety of players can all participate.
- ・Players will be divided into categories depending on their rating in the Online Divisions.
- ・Expert players will aim to pass through the online qualifiers, Regional Finals, and World Finals to earn prize money.
Registration (Mid-November 2019)
- ・Players to select their club, region and platform.
- ・Players can only select from the clubs participating in eFootball.Pro (to be announced later)
- ・Players need to link their KONAMI ID and "eFootball PES 2020" game account to register
Online Qualifiers (December 2019 to February 2020)
- ・Will use Matchday mode
- ・Matchday events will be held in the game from Monday to Sunday using the same team matchups as eFootball.Pro on weeks where there are pro matches.
- ・Players will be sorted into competition ranks (Basic to Expert) based on their Rating.
- ・Players will use preset teams (with stat balancing).
- ・Only results from matches that use the club selected when registering will be reflected in the online ranking.
- ・The online ranking will be decided amongst users that registered under the same club.
- ・Only the 50 top ranked players per club for each regions and each platforms of the "Expert" category are eligible to enter the Online Finals.
- ・Points obtained in last 50 matches played will be used to determine the online qualifier ranking.
Online Finals (February 2020 to March 2020)
- ・Only the 50 top ranked players from the "Expert" ranking are eligible to enter the Online Finals.
- ・The Online Finals are to be played amongst users that registered under the same club.
- ・Points obtained in the last consecutive matches played in the Online Tournament mode will determine the ranking.
- ・Only preset team of the club chosen when registering for eFootball.Open will be used to play the Online Finals (stat balancing will be in effect).
Regional Finals (May 2020 to June 2020）
- ・Regional Finals will be held in the following locations: Europe, Americas and Asia.
- ・For each club, region and platform, players will be selected based on the evaluation of their competition history with eFootball PES 2020 and other standards determined by KONAMI.
- ・Regional Finals are to be played amongst users that registered under the same club.
- ・Preset team of the club chosen when registering for eFootball.Open will be used to compete in the Regional Finals (stat balancing will be in effect).
World Final (July 2020)
- ・Only winners of each club from each Regional Finals are eligible to participate in the World Final.
- ・All players will compete against each other to be winner of the eFootball.Open.
- ・Preset team of the club chosen when registering for eFootball.Open will be used to compete in the World Final (stat balancing will be in effect).