The Konami Group will be instituting voluntary power saving measures to cope with insufficient supplies of electricity caused by the Great East Japan Earthquake and decided to adopt a shift in working hours commencing May 16th.
■ Power Saving Measures
(1) Work-Related Measures
- Implementing a new "power saving work shift" for employees at all of Konami Group's business locations*
(starting May 16th). This involves starting the work day one hour earlier, changing to base working hours
of 8:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Promoting "Cool Biz" attire (lightweight, cool business wear) due to changes in air conditioning temperature
*Some departments are excluded.
(2) Office-Related Measures (Currently in Place)
- Dimming or turning off lighting in offices and hallways.
- Adjusting air conditioning temperature.
- Limiting usage of escalators and elevators?strict "two up/three down" policy for using the stairs on short trips.
- Turning off office equipment when not in use.
- Turning off outdoor advertising lighting.
(3) Employee Education
- Distributing a manual on power saving to promote understanding of the necessity of
conservative energy measures at home and the office, and the steps by which to implement them.