This privacy notice is issued by Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company, we, our or us"), a company based at 1-11-1, Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 104-0061 Japan.
The Company provides customer support services. The way in which we use your personal data when you use our service is very important to us. The Company uses your personal data as described below.
This privacy notice also describes your data protection rights, including the right to object to some of the processing that we carry out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “Your rights and requests to the Company” section.
We may change, add to, or delete any part of this privacy notice from time to time. You can obtain the latest version of this privacy notice from [https://legal.konami.com/games/cs/en/].
1. Our use of your personal data
We process your personal data in accordance with the applicable EU and Member State regulations on data protection, and in particular, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR").
Your personal data may be used in order to help us provide you with the customer support service you intend to use.
The Company processes your data for our interests, as well as for your interest, so we provide and you receive the online services that you have requested and expect from us (Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR).
Depending on the circumstances, the Company may require your consent to process some of your personal data (Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR). In such a case, you can give your consent at your discretion. You can choose not to provide the data or change your mind on giving consent; however, until that time, the Company will use the data for the above purpose. If providing a service requires specific data, and you choose not to provide such information, the Company may be unable to commence or continue providing that service to you.
Below are examples of the personal data that we collect when you use our customer support service.
|Purpose||Categories of Personal Data||Lawful Basis|
|To provide you with customer support service regarding the use of our products/services||User ID/player name, IP address, user agent, contents of inquiries, country/region, correspondence history, linguistic information, and contact information (e.g., name and email address), etc.||Legitimate interest|
|To properly respond to your requests for maintenance/improvement of usage environment of our products/services||
User ID/player name, and contents of the inquiry
The Company also handles the following personal data that you provide when using our products/services, based on your requests, to the extent necessary for appropriately using them for the purpose given in the left column:
Usage information of products/services and play data (product/service name, information on billing and purchase history, order number, usage situation, game platform, OS, version, communication environment, progress, number of days of play, date/time of the first and last play, and information of past terminals), etc.
|To respond to your inquiries and requests with our Data Protection Officer||Contact information (email address, telephone number, etc.), and contents of the inquiry or request||Compliance with legal obligations of administrator|
|To prevent illegal acts||User ID/player name, and contents of the inquiry||Legitimate interest|
|To respond to your inquiries about payments including billing||User ID/player name, contents of the inquiry, bank information, and usage information of products/services (information on billing and purchase history and order number)||Legitimate interest|
The Company keeps your personal data concerning your inquiries for a maximum of 75 months after the termination of correspondence with you, or to the extent necessary for essential purposes, including for us to comply with our legal obligations, settlement of disputes, and performance of contracts.
2. Our sharing of your personal data with other companies
We share personal data with other companies to ensure the quality of our games and services by providing you an appropriate customer service, as well as to protect our business interests.
The Company shares personal data with other companies in the Konami Group (including its affiliates in Japan, Europe, the United States of America, and Hong Kong) (e.g., Konami Business Expert Co., Ltd. (Japan), Internet Revolution, Inc. (Japan), and specifically, those listed at https://www.konami.com/corporate/en/subsidiaries/). In these cases, a Konami Group company that receives your personal data will use the personal data in accordance with this privacy notice and their respective privacy policies.
The Company also provides personal data to service providers (e.g., servers that store data) and our processing companies for the provision of the customer support service.
Below are the service providers and processing companies for the provision of the customer support service with which we share personal data.
|Categories of recipients||Location|
|Processor – Service providers (customer service related system)||Japan, US|
|Processor – Service providers (development and system operation service)||Japan|
|Processor – Service providers (customer support service)||Japan, Philippines, Canada, Poland, Republic of Indonesia|
|Processor – Service providers (cloud service)||https://cloud.google.com/about/locations/|
We may also share your personal data to other entities not specified above upon (i) restructuring or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock or (ii) after a request from judicial, administrative, or other governmental authorities (including authorities outside your district of residence).
In every case, we have appropriate safeguards in place to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal data.
3. Transfer of your personal data to other countries
The Company may send your personal data to other companies outside your country. In particular, if you live in the European Economic Area (EEA), your personal data may be transferred to companies located outside the EEA. casein such a case, either (i) the countries in which those companies are located have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission, or (ii) the Company has adopted and implemented Standard Contractual Clauses to oblige the company that receives your personal data to use it fairly and legally.
The Company will provide details of the safeguards to you upon request.
4. Your rights and requests to the Company
You have the following rights that you can use with the Company.
- Information regarding your data processing: You have the right to obtain from us all the requisite information regarding our data processing activities that concern you (Articles 13 and 14 GDPR).
- Access to personal data: You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data that concerns you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and certain related information (Article 15 GDPR).
- Rectification or erasure of personal data: You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data that concerns you without any undue delay on our part and to complete any incomplete personal data (Article 16 GDPR). You may also have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data that concerns you without undue delay, when certain legal conditions apply (Article 17 GDPR).
- Restriction on processing of personal data: You may have the right to obtain from us the restriction of processing of personal data when certain legal conditions apply (Article 18 GDPR).
- Portability of personal data: You may have the right to receive your personal data in a structured and commonly used format, so you can use this data with another company, when certain conditions apply.
- Objection to processing of personal data: You may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of personal data that concerns you, when certain legal conditions apply (Article 21 GDPR).
- Not to be subject to automated decision-making: You may have the right not to be subject to automated decision-making (including profiling) based on the processing of your personal data, insofar as this produces legal or similar effects on you, when certain conditions apply (Article 22 GDPR).
You can use these rights by contacting us at:
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at:
You can contact our representative in the European Union (EU) at the following link:
Konami Digital Entertainment B.V.
If you believe we have misused your data or violated any data protection regulations, you may file a complaint with a Data Protection Authority, for example, the Authority of your place of residence within the EEA.