GAMESCOM 2019: KONAMI ANNOUNCES DETAILS OF ACTIVITIES FOR eFootball PES 2020, CONTRA: ROGUE CORPS AND YU-GI-OH! TCG
Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. has announced details of key activities and games that will be playable at this year’s gamescom (August 20th – 24th) in Cologne, Germany.
Following the demo launch at the end of July, PES fans will have the opportunity to get their hands on the new, latest build of eFootball PES 2020, and play both single and co-op matches at KONAMI’s consumer booth (Hall 9, B30).
Gamers will also be given the chance to join a gamescom exclusive competition in a dedicated Matchday area. Fans can choose between FC Schalke 04 or FC Bayern and support their team to become the daily winner. All played matches during the day will be added to a cumultative overall score and daily prizes will be available such as VIP match tickets for home games from FC Schalke 04 and FC Bayern.
Regular stage shows during the days will show tense Matchday duels as well as esports athletes in “Beat a Pro” challenges. The eFootball PES stage will be hosted by sports journalist Johannes Meinow and all visitors are invited to join the competitions.
CONTRA fans will have access to CONTRA: ROGUE CORPS with online four-player co-op playable at the show alongside an exclusive photo wall with new character and former scientist Kurt Steiner, otherwise known as Hungry Beast. A hashtag challenge will also be running throughout the show, including a selection of influencers who will be available for photos.
A dedicated Yu-Gi-Oh! booth (Hall 5.2, C10) will feature the latest additions to the popular Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, where Duelists can duel and trade with others, shop for new additions to their decks and even step into a photobox for the chance to see what they would look like on a giant Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME card.
Other YuGi-Oh! booth features include:
- Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution – with the new game for Nintendo Switch launching on August 20th, KONAMI will have multiple stations available for Duelists to play
- Duel Links Tower – a popular Gamescom attraction returns, offering Duelists extra large touchscreens to play the regularly updated Duel Links mobile game
- Learn to play – Newcomers to the world of Yu-Gi-Oh! will experience live demonstrations and have the opportunity to experience the Master Duel or the more accessible Speed Duel with an expert, with special prizes to be won throughout the show
- Tournaments – Experienced players can bring their decks and compete with other Duelists in the tournament and Free2Play zones. Using the hashtag #DueltheMaster, Duelists can check out their skills and challenge a Yu-Gi-Oh! champion from Wednesday until Saturday
In addition to the consumer and Yu-Gi-Oh! booths, KONAMI will host private meetings for industry and media attendees at their dedicated business booth in Hall 4.2.
Booth numbers are as follows:
- Consumer booth – Hall 9, B30
- Business booth – Hall 4.2, A11
- Yu-Gi-Oh! booth – Hall 5.2, C10
For more information on KONAMI products, please visit:
About Konami Group
Konami Group was established in 1973, starting as an amusement machine manufacturer for arcades. Over the years, the company has grown to include different business units across various markets. Currently, KONAMI HOLDINGS CORPORATION includes the Digital Entertainment, Amusement, Gaming & Systems, and Sports Businesses. The company went public on the Osaka Securities Exchange in 1984, the Tokyo Stock Exchange in 1988, and the London Stock Exchange in 1999. For more information, visit: www.konami.com/en.
About Konami Digital Entertainment
Konami Digital Entertainment, which is the core company of Konami Group, develops entertaining content for mobile, console and card games. The company is known for global franchises such as Pro Evolution Soccer, Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Castlevania, and Contra, as well as the Yu-Gi-Oh! trading card game series. www.konami.com/games/corporate/en/