- Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
Sorrow Never Fades
- Release date：May 6, 2003
- Platform：Game Boy Advance
The year is 2035. Japan.
Crowds of spectators are gathering around in anticipation of the first full solar eclipse of the 21st century.
My name is Soma Cruz and I am a high school exchange student studying abroad in Japan. I live near the Hakuba Shrine, an ancient shrine with strong ties to Japanese mythology.
Mina Hakuba, the only daughter of the shrine's caretaker, is both my classmate and my childhood friend. I started making my way to the shrine to see the solar eclipse with Mina.
But, for some strange reason, the stairway leading up to the shrine felt longer than usual, as if something was trying to keep us from our destination. When I finally managed to get through the shrine gate, my senses began to dim.
In the distance, the solar eclipse was approaching totality, but the pitch black sun appeared to be trapping chaotic darkness. At that moment, Mina and I were knocked unconscious - only to awaken inside a mysterious castle. Now I must find a way out of this labyrinth and escape safely with my friend.
It’s the most exciting Castlevania adventure yet!
The year is 2035 and Soma Cruz is about to witness the first solar eclipse of the 21st century when he suddenly blacks out – only to awaken inside a mysterious castle. As Soma, you must navigate the castle’s labyrinths while confronting perilous monsters at every turn. But beware, you must escape before evil consumes you!
• The first Castlevania adventure set in the future
• New attack system lets you collect the souls of enemies to learn their abilities – 100+ abilities in total!
• Exchange enemy souls with your friends using the Game Link Cable®
• Astonishing graphics, stunning animated characters, gigantic monsters and special effects intensify the action
• Collect and wield multiple weapons while RPG elements let you level-up and grow more powerful