In Online Battle mode, you connect to the internet to compete against players from around the world. You can either test your strength in a League Battle, or play a Free Battle, where you choose the game rules and stage yourself.
- When playing the Online Battle, we recommend that you hold the Joy-Con™ horizontally, use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, or play with the handheld mode.
- Please do not use the Joy-Con™ Grip or hold both controllers. With this software, doing so may cause the gameplay of all participating players to momentarily stop, not allowing you to play smoothly as you want.
- Changing the "Network Settings" in "Other" will allow you to find more players with good connections.
- If you're having trouble with your network connection, you may be able to improve it by attaching the system to the dock and connecting online via a wired LAN.
- Please note that if your friend is located in a distant country, there may be lag issues.
- Even if you are searching for opponents from all around the world, players with insufficient network connection will not be chosen.