SEASON 1 Patch Notes
Greetings to all football lovers from around the world.
We are delighted to finally present to you the v1.0.0 update of eFootball™ 2022. For those of you who have been eagerly waiting, here are some highlights of the coming update.
New Gameplay Approach
The "New Football Game" that eFootball™ 2022 Envisions
To all the passionate football fans who show their support amongst the stands or through the TV screens, we want to provide you with the best that "eFootball™ 2022" can offer. To achieve this, the intensity of ball-winning scenarios and individual team tactics seen in real-world football must be well recreated, and the tactical decisions made during matches must be reflected effectively. This is no easy task, but we know that football fans revel in the experience of tactical battles based on football theories, rather than "game-like" scenarios.
To realise our vision, we have reviewed and improved various aspects of gameplay with this update. Let's go through some of the major improvements made to the game.
- Player and Ball Behaviours
Player behaviours, on which everything is based upon, has been rebuilt from the ground up. The centre of gravity and inertia are pertinently utilised for moves such as dashing and stopping; Be it dribbling to dodge an oncoming opponent, or breaking the opposition down with a one-touch pass or a switch of play — now you can experience the sensation of "swinging" and "being swung" as if you are playing football in real-life.
We have made changes to the kicking actions so that the time needed for kicks of various distance will vary, and there will be preliminary actions needed for incisive kicks to be played. We were also able to brush up ball trajectories with the help of research institutes. From dipping shots and bending crosses, to top-spin through balls and ricochets from blocked shots — you can now see convincing ball behaviours amongst many different scenarios.
Natural player behaviours, and ball behaviours that take rotation, springiness and friction into account — All of these elements help create the "moment of suspense" that we so often experience in modern football. When dribbling past opponents and breaking through the last line of defence with passing plays, these are the factors that give us the exhilaration we crave for.
- Tactical Team Battles
Apart from individual player behaviours, we have also made it possible for you to engage in tactical battles by including teamplay elements that are prevalent in modern-day football.
In terms of attacking, your players can now work as a team to create spaces for the dribbling maestro to go 1-on-1 against the opposing defender. You also have the option of outmanoeuvring the opposition with a mix of ranged and short passes of different strengths. When defending, the team's formation and tactics will dictate the position where the players will attempt to win the ball back. What's more, we have also implemented a new feature in which the team will work in tandem to regain possession.
Individual and team — The bases for these elements have been restructured so that "familiar" scenarios in real-world football will now happen throughout matches. Ultimately, these changes made it possible for us to create a football game in which "football-like" decisions at any given moment could be the deciding factor between winning and losing. All of this, and much more, is available at your fingertips through easy-to-play commands.
In the following sections, we will be going through an in-depth explanation of the new match commands that we have implemented with this version update, as well as other useful tips for tactical battles.
For this instalment, we have focused on embodying the "satisfaction of incisive passes" that we so often experience in real-world football.
Take the following scenarios as examples.
- ・ Pin-point low passes towards the target man's feet.
- ・ Incisive switches of play to the opposite flank
- ・ Remarkable one-touch passes when receiving the ball, that throw defenders off balance
- ・ Piercing crosses that aim between the defenders and the goalkeeper
- ・ Gentle passes into open spaces, allowing the receivers to easily make the next move
By splitting these types of kicks into different commands as well as adding new command combinations, you can now orchestrate a series of passing plays that would only be possible if all the players were perfectly synchronised. The feeling of making that decisive pass, and the sense of achievement when you break down the opposition, have never been any greater.
From here on, we will introduce the main passing-related improvements that we have made with this update.
- Main Features of the Stunning Pass
This is one of the most ground-breaking mechanisms that we have incorporated in this instalment of the game. Low passes, lofted passes, and crosses alike; now you can play all kinds of passes incisively using "Stunning Kicks". Don't be fooled into thinking that these are just "fast passes" — They are vital weapons in your arsenal that will spell the difference between victory and defeat in a lot of matches.
- ・ Stunning Low Pass: A pacy pass aimed towards the feet of the receiving teammate. The ball will tend to float for passes of longer distance.
- ・ Stunning Lofted Pass: A lower and pacier pass comparing to a normal lofted pass.
- ・ Stunning Through Ball: A speedier version of the normal Through Ball, that will tend to end closer to the receiver's feet
- ・ Stunning Chipped Through Ball: Pacier than the normal Chipped Through Ball and with a slightly lowered trajectory. Furthermore, the ball will tend to end closer to the receiver's feet than usual
- ・ Stunning Cross: A slightly lowered and speedier cross. It will also carry a stronger curl.
- ・ Stunning Low Cross: Speedier and carries more whip than the normal Low Cross. The ball will also tend to bounce just in front of the receiver.
To perform a Stunning Kick, press R2/RT fully along with a pass command as if you are channelling your strength into the pass. Create decisive opportunities with incisive kicks!
- Effects of Player Skills
Player Skills will also influence the trajectories of Stunning Passes.
- ・ "Through Passing" Skill: When performing Stunning Through Balls with opposition players in the passing lane, passers with this Skill will be able to perform passes with curvier trajectories.
- ・ "Pinpoint Crossing" Skill: Increased ball speed and accuracy for Stunning Crosses and Stunning Low Crosses.
- ・ "Low Lofted Pass" Skill: When performing Stunning Lofted Passes and Stunning Chipped Through Balls with no opposition players in the passing lane, passers with this skill can perform lofted passes with even lower trajectories.
As the above examples suggest, Stunning Kicks can help widen the scope of play. On the other hand, it also has its shortcomings.
- Drawbacks of Stunning Passes (and Tips on How to Use Them Effectively)
To play a penetrative kick in real-life, you would have to take a bigger stride; We have also recreated that motion in this instalment of the game. This means that the ball will take longer to leave the player's feet when performing a kick whilst in possession, such as when stopping or dribbling at low speed. As a result, defenders could seize this window of opportunity to utilise their bodies to regain possession or block the pass.
However, there are ways to work around this drawback. For example:
- ・ When dribbling down the flanks, input a Stunning Kick command just as you take a strong touch to line up the kick. By doing this, the striding action will occur as your player starts closing in towards the ball.
- ・ By inputting a Stunning Kick command before controlling the oncoming pass, your player will prepare for a one-touch pass by moving onto an adequate position whilst doing the striding action. Beware that if the ball arrives at your player's feet before the striding action could occur, he will attempt to trap the ball before performing said action.
- ・ Use that extended interval of time to your advantage, and dodge oncoming defenders with a kick feint.
Stunning Kicks increase the speed of passes, hence making them more difficult to control. Touches would also tend to be heavier in difficult positions, such as when receiving a long pass from behind whilst dashing forward. You can avoid these potential mishaps by adjusting your speed and turning your body towards the ball before receiving the pass.
- Pass-and-run (Cross Over)
In order to bring a brand-new type of passing play to life, we have implemented the "Pass-and-run (Cross Over)" for this instalment of the game.
In terms of passing combination commands, there is "1-2 Pass (Forwards)". This command will see passers running in the direction of attack after playing the pass.
As its name suggests, "Pass-and-run (Crossover)" is a command in which the passer will make a diagonal run across the receiver after playing the pass. Depending on the positioning of both the ball holder and the receiver, these are the movements that the players will make respectively.
This command embodies the "diagonal movements" that we see so often in real-world football. Shaking off the opponents' tight-marking to receive passes, or making a decoy run and line up for a Stunning Cross — In turn, this command allows for more attacking options.
- Flick Passing
When going against the defenders' tight-marking, one-touch passing plays near the penalty area can help create shooting opportunities. In particular, if you can match the timing of your teammate's forward dash, playing an incisive flick pass will allow you to change the direction of attack with a single touch. This could be the provider of a decisive opportunity.
In order to make one-touch passing plays like these more effective, we have made the following improvements in this update.
- ・ Improved animation selection algorithm so that one-touch passes can be played with oncoming balls of different heights.
- ・ Animation selection will now be more appropriate to the speed of oncoming balls. For example, when playing a one-touch pass with speedier oncoming balls, such as a Stunning Low Pass, players will be more likely to meet the oncoming ball without swinging their legs. These improvements helped enhancing the accuracy and responsiveness of one-touch passing.
- Knock-on to Improve Kick Accuracy
When you are not under pressure from the opposition, there is an effective command that allows you to play better-targeted kicks. Press R1/RB and move the R stick when you are in possession to knock on the ball towards that direction. Inputting kick commands after that will enhance your kick's speed and accuracy. Ensuring that you are not under pressure, try it for yourself next time when lining up for a switch of play, a cross, or a long ball behind the opposition's line of defence.
We have also implemented a variety of improvements for the single most exciting moment in a football game — shooting. Swing your shots with power, drive your attempts towards the feet of the keeper, or hurl yourself towards an incisive cross to change its course; now you can attack the goal with a wide variety of shots according to the scenario at hand.
In addition, Player Skills and stats will also be taken into account when shooting. Therefore, do your best to aim for a specific type of shot that your player excels at, and be rewarded with a higher chance of scoring.
Experience the anticipation for a goal, and the rising tension in defence, when the striker breaks free.
- Stunning Shots
Pacier and more accurate than the normal shots, with a myriad of shot trajectories on offer — you can now attempt "Stunning Shots" for your next finish. However, as it requires the same striding motion as "Stunning Passes", you will need to draw the opposition away and create spaces and opportunities for the striker to attempt the shot.
- Power Gauge and Skill Activations
A world-class striker can put the ball past the keeper at ease with a variety of shot trajectories. With this update, you can now use Stunning Shots to attempt different types of shots depending on the players' Skills.
The following Skills will be triggered depending on the Power Gauge input of your Stunning Shot attempt.
Skills Power Gauge Input Dipping Shot About 20%-50% Knuckle Shot About 50%-65% Rising Shot About 65%-95%
- *If the player does not have any of these Skills, he will be attempting a speedy and more accurate shot instead.
- *Apart from players with a "Very High" Weak Foot Accuracy, these Skills will only be triggered when the shots are being attempted with the players' Stronger Foot.
- *These Skills will not be triggered if the player loses his balance, or if the ball is in a position where it is difficult to kick.
- *The aforementioned skilled shots cannot be triggered with normal shooting.
- Driven Shots
When chances arise for a header or a volley in a real-world football match, we often see strikers trying to drive the ball towards the ground. On top of ensuring the shot will hit the target, the bounce of the ball can also make it more difficult for the goalkeeper to deal with. In this update we have made it possible for you to deliberately aim for a driven shot.
- ・ If the ball is in a certain height within 10m from the goal, shooting the ball using a Stunning Shot with a Power Gauge input of 50% or more will increase the chances your striker will attempt a driven shot.
- ・ Players that have the "Header" Player Skill have a higher chance of performing downward headers.
- ・ Driven shots cannot be attempted if the player is under pressure from the opposition, or in position that makes it difficult for him to attempt such a shot.
- ・ Under some conditions, normal shots can also result in driven shots.
- Wide Variety of Shooting Motions
As was touched on earlier with Stunning Passes, you can now attempt a wide range of crosses with this update. In order to match the crosses sent at various heights and speed, improvements were also made to shooting animation selections and shot trajectories.
Meet the low incoming ball aimed between the defence line and the keeper with a sliding shot or a diving header; Change the course of the oncoming in-swinger with a softly headed touch; Attempt an acrobatic bicycle kick to tuck away the second ball from a corner — Depending on Player Skills and scenarios, you can attack the goal exactly the way you want.
As a result of the implementation of new passing and shooting actions, the opponent will be looking to prevent any decisive kicks. This makes dribbling even more effective, as it creates a dilemma for the defender: attempt to block a kick and risk being fooled, or stand his ground and watch the striker score his mark? Moreover, as we have improved player behaviours by recreating realistic accelerations and motions that take into account the player's centre of gravity, feints have become all the more effective.
Apart from utilising pure pace, reading the defender's next move before striking the opposites is another exciting aspect of football. Make use of the techniques introduced below and let your dribblers shine on the pitch.
- Sharp Touch
One of the deciding factors in dribbling is rhythm. Dribbling in a relaxed rhythm before suddenly accelerating can help you leave your opponents chasing shadows. The "Sharp Touch" command is at the ready for you to take a strong touch and swiftly accelerate to leave the defender behind.
- Triggering and Cancelling a Sharp Touch
In order to trigger a Sharp Touch, move the L stick towards the direction you want to kick the ball out and at the same time press R2/RT fully before immediately releasing it. Apart from frontal touches, you can also kick the ball laterally or even to the opposite side your player is heading. This is useful for breaking through opposition defenders who like to run alongside, as you will abruptly change your pacing and direction.
When you perform a Sharp Touch, you will see a double circle around the feet of your player, and he will knock the ball further away from his feet in his next touch. Note that the action may take longer if you perform the command whilst the ball is away from the player's feet. In that case, simply release the L stick and you can cancel the Sharp Touch.
- Effects of Sharp Touch
In a dribble, if the opposition defender comes in for a tackle right as your player is taking a touch, chances are that he will not be able to dodge. This is another point where the Sharp Touch is useful, as it increases the time between ball touches. Incidentally, if the opposition defender decides to tackle your player after a Sharp Touch, you will be afforded more time to either jump and avoid the tackle completely, or stagger your way through the body contact. Either way, this provides you with a higher chance to retain possession. Players who have high "Dribbling" and "Body Contact" stats may even avoid those cynical behind-the-back challenges with a swift jump.
- Techniques Utilising Sharp Touch
The Sharp Touch is a command in which your player can take a strong touch, so here are two techniques that maximises its effectiveness:
・ For scenarios when the opposition defender is dashing towards your player, perform a Sharp Touch towards the back of the opponent and you can make a ”Run Around" dribble.
・ Perform a Sharp Touch in the direction of the opposition player facing towards you, and you may be able to trigger a "Nutmeg" dribble.
Make a move according to the circumstances and try it for yourself!
You can command your player to protect the ball from oncoming defenders using "Shield". Press L2/LT while he is dribbling to put his body between the defender and the ball in an attempt to keep possession.
When shielding the ball, consider the following points and make use of them in effective scenarios.
- ・ Beware that Shield is only effective right after pressing L2/LT, while your player is actively protecting the ball. After that, continuing to hold L2/LT will not have any effect.
- ・ Shield is not a good option while dash dribbling, since the ball will roll away from the player's feet while he is trying to use his body to block incoming opponents.
- Importance of Touches and Ball Touch Control
If there is plenty of space in front of your player, dribbling with bigger touches is not a problem. However, if there are opposition players lurking around, your player could easily lose possession if he touches the ball further away from his feet. Controlling the strength of the touches using R2/RT is essential to ensure he does not lose possession easily. With this in mind, we vastly improved the accuracy and response of ball touch controls using the L stick and R2/RT in this update.
Also, by releasing the L stick you can command your player to move behind the travelling ball without taking any touches. During this time the ball is at your player's feet, which allows him keep track of the opposition and attempt to break through with a quick and responsive touch whenever the chance appears. With this, you can experience realistic 1-on-1 scenarios using simple controls.
R2/RT also has significant implications when receiving the ball: it will dictate the strength of your player's touch the moment the ball reaches his feet. Not pressing R2/RT will see him take a touch as close to his feet as possible; pressing R2/RT will make him take a slightly powerful touch; and performing a Sharp Touch will see him take the heaviest of touches. By utilising these touches in the correct scenarios, not only will it make it harder for the opposition players to win the ball back; your player may be able to switch sides with the opponent, leaving him free to run through the open space.
- Draw the Opposition in and Dodge
For defenders who try to lunge in and win the ball back, draw them in just enough so you can jump over their challenges and continue dribbling forward. The higher the "Dribbling" and "Body Balance" stats of the player, the better he is at avoiding tackles swiftly. The closer you draw the opposition players in, the easier it will be for your player to break free after avoiding their tackles, so make sure to use players who are good at dribbling to your advantage.
- Defensive Tactics and Changes in Command Settings
In football, there are many different situations and options for defending.
- ・ Marking the opposition
- ・ Covering shooting angles
- ・ Blocking passing lanes
- ・ Luring opponents into narrow spaces to outnumber them
- Ball Winning
- ・ Following the opposition without sticking out a foot, then putting the body in to win the ball back as soon as they have taken a heavy touch
- ・ Using body contact to win the ball back
- ・ Winning the ball back with a standing tackle
- ・ Winning the ball back with a sliding tackle
Command controls have also been reviewed in order to enable selections of different defending options based on the scenarios above. On top of that, player behaviours have also been enhanced in an attempt to make defensive plays more satisfying. Furthermore, team defending elements have also been added to the game, amongst many other adjustments in order to ensure that the best outcomes can be achieved by making the right decisions based on football theory.
- Reverting Defending Controls to a Configuration Akin to Previous Versions
For this update, we considered what are the priorities when defending and took the simplicity of controls into account when making changes to the defending commands. Note that users who had installed previous versions of the game will have their Command Configurations reset after updating to the latest version of the game. If you wish to revert back to the configurations of previous versions, please follow the steps below.
1) Select [Command Setting] in the screen where you choose your side before entering a match.
2) Press R2/RT to display the "Defence" configurations, and make the following changes:
- ・ Swap "Match-up" and "Pressing"
- ・ Press △/Y to open "Detailed Settings", and change "Tackle Type" to [Standing Tackle].
Another new addition as a part of this version update, this is a command in which you can win the ball back proactively. By pressing and holding X/A while defending, your player will move towards the ball. Once they are within reach of the ball, they will then perform a standing tackle.
However, your player will be moving towards the ball in a straight line when applying pressure. As such, they may get caught by a cutback or a feint, or could even lose their footings in some cases. Therefore, it is important to watch your opponent's movements and judge the correct timing to perform this move.
If you press □/X twice quickly while defending, your player will try to win the ball back by sticking his foot out. Unlike the Pressure command, the timing of tackle is entirely at your hands. Therefore, a well-timed tackle in close proximity to the opponent will result in a higher chance of possession recovery. Players who have a high "Tackling" stat are able to perform precise tackles with a wider coverage area.
However, if you are unsuccessful with your challenge, your next move will be delayed because of your stuck-out foot and you run the risk of being left behind.
- Sliding Tackle
When it comes to winning the ball back, a Sliding Tackle is perhaps the most proactive form of possession recovery. Approach a dribbling opponent, then press 〇/B to slide towards the ball and win it away. Just as is the case with any tackle, players who have a high "Tackling" stat will be able to time their tackle precisely with a wider area of coverage. Furthermore, players with the new Player Skill "Sliding Tackle" will be able to win the ball back with greater accuracy.
For Sliding Tackles, the direction of movement when the command is being inputted will determine where your player extends his leg towards. Use this to your advantage by moving in front of the opposition player just as he lines up for a shot, and perform a Sliding Tackle to block his attempt on goal.
Sliding Tackles will see your player hurl his body at the opposition. Mistiming a Sliding Tackle has various negative outcomes, including being completely left behind. Even worse than that is the risk of bringing the opponent down and fouling them. It is therefore important to carefully assess the situation, and only attempt a tackle when the timing's right.
When defenders go up against an oncoming dribbler, they will often approach with finer steps. Now you can make your player do the same in-game with "Match-up". Press L2/LT when defending, and your player will adopt a lowered stance and move with delicate steps. Moreover, when going up against the opposition ball holder, your player will also position himself adequately. Since your player will always be facing towards the opposition player during a "Match-up", he will be in a good position to stick his foot out in case the opponent attempts to dribble through.
When in a Match-up, your player will try to stick his foot out or use his body to block the opposition's passes and shots. Players who have a high "Defensive Awareness" stat, along with those who have the Player Skill "Blocker" or "Interception", can attempt blocks in a wider area and will have a higher success rate.
Drawbacks of Match-up
・ During a Match-up, your player will move in fine steps. Although he will be agile enough to respond to the opponent's lateral movements, he will not be able to dash across long distances. Therefore, if a fast-footed opponent is trying to utilise his pace to break through, or if your player has been wrongfooted by a feint, you will have to stop using the Match-up command and make your player dash after the opponent to avoid being left behind.
・ Match-ups anticipate the opposition's kicks, so your player could be easily shaken off by a kick feint. As such, you will need to read your opponent's movements and decide whether you should engage in a Match-up or not.
- ・ During a Match-up, your player will move in fine steps. Although he will be agile enough to respond to the opponent's lateral movements, he will not be able to dash across long distances. Therefore, if a fast-footed opponent is trying to utilise his pace to break through, or if your player has been wrongfooted by a feint, you will have to stop using the Match-up command and make your player dash after the opponent to avoid being left behind.
- Shoulder Charge
"Shoulder Charge" is a command which allows your player to win the ball back by bumping his body against the opposition ball holder's. Once he closes in on an opponent, you can trigger this action by pressing □/X. In a successful scenario this move will stagger the opponent away and win the ball back, but bear in mind that charging from behind might be called as a foul against you.
Furthermore, if your player's charging attempt is dodged, he will likely lose his balance and get left behind. Therefore, it is important to only charge at a distance where contacts can be easily made.
- Related Player Stats for Shoulder Charge
The strength of a Shoulder Charge will depend on the player's "Tackling" and "Physical Strength" stats — The higher those two stats are, the stronger the Shoulder Charge will be.
- Call for Pressure
A new addition to the game as a part of this update, "Call for Pressure" is a command in which the entire team will work in tandem to recover possession.
When defending, press R1/RB and you will see a double arrow displayed around the feet of another teammate. He will try to win the ball back from the opposition ball holder for as long as the arrow is displayed.
On the other hand, players that do not have the arrow displayed around them will also work in tandem to win the ball back. Based on their distance from the ball, they will either position themselves to block passing lanes or push up the defensive line.
Call for Pressure will be deactivated after a certain period of time, or if the opponent successfully passes the ball to another teammate.
- Selection Criteria of Players Applying Pressure on Ball Holder
When calling for pressure, the teammate who is the closest to the opposition ball holder will likely go in and apply pressure. Another possible option to engage in a press is the teammate who is displayed as the cursor change target. Note that only 1 teammate will be chosen to apply pressure in a given moment.
- Drawbacks of Call for Pressure
Call for Pressure sees the entire team applying pressure in an attempt to recover possession, hence your team will position themselves closer to the ball to some extent. Therefore, if the ball is on the right flank and you decide to Call for Pressure, the opposite flank will likely become open. In case the opposition notices the opening and switches the play to the other side, you may be left exposed.
Also, the stamina of the entire team will decrease during a press. This is especially the case for players that are applying pressure close to the ball. As decreased stamina has a negative impact on team performance, you have to be cautious not to Call for Pressure too frequently.
- Regarding Manual Cursor Change Type
When defending, apart from pressing L1 to switch the player you are controlling, you can also move the R stick and perform a "Manual Cursor Change" to a player of your choice. By default, the ball will be the base reference point of all R stick directional inputs. In other words, the cursor will switch to the player positioned in the direction where the R stick is moved towards with respect to the ball.
You can change the base reference point of R stick directional inputs to the player you are currently controlling. To do so, simply follow the steps described below.
- 1) Select [Command Setting] in the screen where you choose your side before entering a match.
- 2) Select [Detailed Settings], then switch [Manual Cursor Change Type] to [Player-oriented].
Furthermore, the target range of Manual Cursor Change has also been enhanced with this version update.
- How to Play
To check all the in-game commands, go to "Command List" during a match through the Pause Menu.
If this is your first time playing eFootball™ 2022, you can learn the basic commands in "Free Training".
For details on how to perform the commands, check the image below.
New Team Building "Dream Team"
This is a brand-new game mode where you can build your original team by signing players and managers, and compete against users from around the world.
In "Dream Team", you can handpick and sign players and managers that are consonant with your football ideologies. Moreover, you can develop and strengthen your players for them to match your own playstyle.
Remember to check the "Team Playstyle Level" of your team, as it is an indicator of how functional your Team Playstyle (tactical setup) is.
There are 5 Team Playstyles on offer: "Possession Game", "Quick Counter", "Long Ball Counter", "Long Ball", and "Out Wide". All players and managers will have a new attribute called "Team Playstyle Proficiency", which indicates how adept they are at each of the Team Playstyles.
By finding your preferred Team Playstyle and building a team with players that are proficient in that style, you can increase the Team Playstyle Level.
Beware that if your Team Playstyle Level is low, your players will not be able to fulfil their true potential.
Player movements will gradually improve as your Team Playstyle Level reaches 50, and at 70 your team will be able to realise their potential. For starters, choose your preferred Team Playstyle and aim for a Team Playstyle Level of 70 and above!
When you manage to increase your Team Playstyle Level above 70, you will notice that your players will be able to put in a show above their normal capabilities.
Making use of in-game items that you can acquire over the course of matches; Organising your team through signing and developing players; Finding the Team Playstyle that suits you best — Build your very own "Dream Team" and bring your football ideologies into life.
Most importantly, take part in heated battles against "Dream Teams" built by users around the world to prove that you are truly the best!
Dream Team Playing Concepts
How to Play Dream Team
- Themed Enjoyment
A "Season", which will run for a limited period, will have a theme for the events you can play using your Dream Team.
Each Season's theme will reflect hot topics in the real footballing world, and will have a wide variety of events to match. There are Challenge Events for you to play against other users, or Tour Events for you to go up against the AI. These are some amongst the many events that we have on offer.
Note that signing players and assembling a team that matches the Season's theme can give you an advantage in these events.
Build a unique team for each Season, and enjoy all kinds of matches!
- eFootball™ League
This is a Division-based league where you play PvP matches to rise to the top. Develop your Dream Team by signing your favourite players and managers and enter the league to play against users from around the world.
Each Phase will last 28 days, during which you will be playing matches repeatedly with the aim of progressing to the highest Division possible.
If you can reach the Promotion Threshold within 10 matches, you will be promoted; On the other hand, if you fail to reach the Remain Threshold, you will be relegated.
Once you reach the top Division (Division 1), you will start playing to rise through the rankings. The battle changes from a fight for promotion to a fight for position.
At the end of a Phase, rewards will be awarded according to the highest Division reached. Rankings will be reset and a new Phase begins.
Use the rewards you earn to strengthen your team and aim even higher!
○Player Signings and Card Types
One of the main features of Dream Team is that you can acquire the services of specific players and managers.
You can sign Standard players and managers of your choice using GP that you obtain throughout the course of the game.
The different Player Types, and the ways to sign players are described below.
- Main Ways to Sign Players
Legendary Trending Featured Standard Standard (Foil) Front Back Overview Players are based on a specific season when they had a stellar performance (This also includes retired players who had a brilliant career) Players are based on a specific match or week in which they put an impressive performance during this season Hand-picked players that are depicted based on their performance during the current season Players are based on their performance during the current season *For Standard players, there is a certain possibility for you to sign a player with a higher Team Playstyle Proficiency than normal. Player development Yes No Yes Yes Yes How to sign ・eFootball™ Coins (Random)
・eFootball™ Points (Nominated)
・Nominating Contract ・eFootball™ Coins (Random)
・eFootball™ Points (Nominated)
・eFootball™ Coins (Random)
・eFootball™ Coins (Random)※
There was an error in the description of how to sign Standard (Foil) players. We sincerely apologise for the confusion.
As informed in the "Known Issues" notice on 21/04/2022, Foil players are not available in Special Player Lists. Please see the details of each Special Player List in-game when signing players.
*Card images and player stats are not finalised, and may undergo changes in the future.
Abilities of Standard, Featured, and Legendary players can be boosted via Training. Develop your ideal players to better suit your team's tactics.
Trending players on the other hand have their Abilities based on their real-world performances in a particular week, month, etc. While they can be an immediately effective inclusion into the team, they cannot be developed further.
In-game Assets and Contracts
- Virtual Currency
eFootball™ Coins These are Coins that can be used to sign players and purchase in-game items etc. They can be acquired in-game or via [Shop]. GP This is an in-game currency that can be used to sign players and managers etc. It can be acquired by meeting certain conditions in-game. eFootball™ Points These are Points that can be used to sign players and exchange in-game items. Apart from acquiring them in-game, you can also get them via out-of-game campaigns. eFootball™ Point Official Site
Chance Deal An item that allows you to sign a random player from a list of players tailored for this deal. Nominating Contract An item that allows you to sign a player of your choosing from a list of players tailored for this contract.
- *Regarding Game Plan Slots
For v1.0.0, you only have 1 Game Plan, where you can choose the players and managers that you wish to use in a match.
We will provide additional slots for you to save multiple Game Plans in the next update. In the meanwhile, we appreciate your understanding and patience.
Japanese and North American licence data have been included as new additions to the game.
- ・ Meiji Yasuda J1 League
- ・ Meiji Yasuda J2 League
- ・ MLS Players Association * "MLSPA" players will appear in the "American League" in-game.
- ・ USL Championship
In-game Events using new licences will also take place throughout the Season.
Other New Contents
- Real Faces
Updated faces for around 1200 players from newly licensed teams, club teams and national teams
Updated around 400 Strips for national teams and club teams, including those from newly licensed teams.
- Official Balls
Added 13 official balls from leagues around the world.
Added 12 newest models of boots from adidas, LOTTO, NIKE and PUMA.
- Goalkeeper Gloves
Added 3 newest models of goalkeeper gloves from Kaliaaer, LOTTO and SELLS.
General Fixes Applied to Mitigate or Eliminate the Bugs Shown Below
- ・ The application may crash due to an error
- ・ The screen may freeze in-game
- ・ High processing load during matches and in the Game Plan screen
- ・ The speed of the ball and player movement may decrease during matches
- ・ The responsiveness to command inputs may become slower during matches
- ・ The ball may pass through a player's body during a match
- ・ Some players may be shown gliding on the ground during a match
- ・ Player models may be distorted and their movements may feel unnatural when they collide with each other
- ・ Fouls may not be given out to some plays that were clearly fouls
- ・ Lighting errors may occur in some stadiums during instances such as entrance cutscenes
- ・ Stadium structures may display erroneously during cutscenes
- ・ The camera may move unstably during players' entrance cutscenes
- ・ If certain commands are performed before taking a corner kick, the ball may seem to teleport from one place to another
- ・ After forgoing a quick restart, the cutscene of a player being cautioned by the referee may erroneously play
- ・ When switching between cuts in certain cutscenes, players may seem to teleport from one place to another for a split second
- ・ When switching between cuts in certain cutscenes, models and other displayed objects may disappear momentarily
- ・ The camera may focus on unintended areas during in-match cutscenes
- ・ The stadium may become darker for a few seconds during instances such as right after the second half kick-off
- ・ For in-match Camera Settings, a different preview than the configured settings may be displayed
- ・ Errors may occur when triggering certain goal celebrations
- ・ Players may run in a strange fashion during the goal celebration
- ・ After skipping a goal celebration cutscene, some displayed objects may disappear
- ・ The camera may be out of focus during cutscenes such as goal celebrations
- ・ The camera angle may become lower than ground level for goal celebrations after scoring a penalty kick
- ・ During the half-time results screen, the graphics of the stands are distorted
- ・ When the penalty shootout cutscene begins, unrelated cutscenes are played momentarily
- ・ When transitioning from the Results screen to the Highlights after a match, the wrong camera angle is shown momentarily
- ・ When ending a match from the pause menu, an image of the pitch shown from above may be displayed momentarily
- ・ Certain commands cause the UI display of the replay function to become erroneous
- ・ When using the replay function, switching the target player may result in a momentary delay of player display and sometimes cause other players to disappear
- ・ High graphics processing load when using the replay function
- ・ If a player makes contact with the goal net as the screen cuts to a replay, the goal net graphics may become distorted
- ・ When playing an online PvP match, one of the users disconnecting may cause the match to be deemed void
- ・ After scoring a goal in online PvP matches, the opponent can instantly skip the subsequent cutscenes
- ・ Performing certain commands in the team selection screen may cause the background to become blurred
- ・ The area selection icons may be displayed erroneously when returning to the area selection screen while scrolling down team selection menu
- ・ Certain commands may cause the menu screen to be displayed incorrectly
- ・ Certain commands may cause erroneous menu sound effects to be played
- ・ In certain screens, team names are only partially displayed
- ・ In some languages, the end of texts in certain screens are erroneously not displayed
- ・ In some languages, the bottom part of letters are displayed erroneously in certain screens
- ・ During screen transitions, unintended background images may be displayed momentarily
- ・ A variety of minor adjustments have been made to each mode and to matches, with the aim of improving the overall gaming experience
Future updates will include features that allow for a greater scope of play.
Additional details, such as the release schedule, will be announced at a later date.
- ・ Mobile Version Update
The update from "eFootball PES 2021" to "eFootball™ 2022" will soon be available.
- ・ Match Pass
Complete special Objectives, such as playing a certain number of matches, to win amazing rewards. An example of a reward that can be obtained through the Match Pass is the "Nominating Contract", which is an item that allows you to nominate a player of your choice to sign.
- ・ Objectives
Earn rewards for completing specific missions.
- ・ Cross-Platform (CS/PC)
Console users and PC users will be able to play against each other.
Cross-platform plays with mobile users, as well as mobile controller compatibility will be available in future updates.
- ・ Mobile Version Update
This is just the tip of the iceberg, as there are a lot of features that will become available via DLCs and free updates in the future. Some of them include modes that are beloved by fans, such as Master League and Edit mode. We will provide more information in due course, so please stay tuned.
In addition to the above, we have made a number of other changes and adjustments to the game with this update. Please enjoy this new eFootball™ experience and continue giving us your valued feedback. In order to provide a football game for fans around the world to enjoy, we will continue making improvements to the game.
See you again in the next update.
*Minor changes applied