Gaming & Systems Business
Casino gaming has been legalized in more than 130 countries and regions, and this number increases every year.
KONAMI's Gaming & Systems business was initiated in 1996, and has expanded across the globe while securing gaming licenses in the world's major markets, including North America and Australia.
Gaming businesses are subject to strict licensing conditions, which include requirements of honesty and integrity at the highest level of standards.
KONAMI's dedication to stringent corporate compliance has contributed to securing gaming licenses in 404(*) locations worldwide, including North America. KONAMI develops, produces, and sells a range of gaming machines and casino management systems around the globe.
Ever-expanding Gaming Markets
Gaming Licenses Secured in 404 Locations Worldwideb
Expanding our Gaming & Systems Business Across the Globe
KONAMI has obtained gaming licenses in the world's major gaming markets, including North America, Australia and Asia, and established itself as Japan's top company in the gaming and systems industry.
Current gaming licenses held by KONAMI as of the end of September 2016 are as follows:
With recent technological advancements, demand is growing for gaming machines that offer superior entertainment value. The ability for devices to withstand long operating hours at casinos, meaning high durability and reliability, has also become a key requirement.
KONAMI strives to respond to such market needs, by drawing on a wealth of technological capabilities and knowledge amassed over years of developing products with excellent entertainment value.
The world's first super-large size multi-station cabinet, "Titan 360,"
developed through a combination of casino and arcade technology (Licensed in the U.S.)
The new multi-game-series cabinet "SeleXion"
The new "Rapid Revolver" cabinet, boasting innovative design
Management System for Casino Operators"SYNKROS"
"SYNKROS" is a casino management system which is capable of managing slot machine data, customer information, and accounting, all in real time. Analysis of this collected data provides the casino management company with a diverse array of management tools, such as accounting management, safety management and business management assessment, enabling them to offer enhanced customer services.
Assistance in Education and Human Resources Development for Further Growth in the Gaming Industry
KONAMI has established an academic-industrial alliance with the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV), in the hope of supporting further development of the gaming industry.
UNLV is a state-run university established in 1957, and its International Gaming Institute (IGI) conducts research and provides education on the various aspects of gaming in an advanced way ranging from casino business to pathological gambling, with a view to educating the future leaders in the gaming industry.
Most recently, KONAMI donated $2.5 million to UNLV in February, 2014.
The donation is being used for the construction of Hospitality Hall (provisional name), a new building to be used by the William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration, an institution with a strong track record of educating notable persons in the field of hospitality, including gaming, tourism, and hotels.
History of KONAMI Gaming & Systems Business
- November 1996
- Konami Australia Pty Ltd was established in Australia.
- January 1997
- Konami Gaming, Inc. was established in the U.S.
- October 1997
- KONAMI obtained licenses in the Australian States of New South Wales and South Australia to manufacture and sell gaming machines.
- January 2000
- KONAMI obtained a license from Nevada, U.S.A. to manufacture and sell gaming machines.
- August 2001
- Konami Gaming, Inc. acquired 100% shares of Paradigm Gaming Systems, Inc., with Konami Gaming, Inc. being the surviving company.
- June 2005
- Construction was completed on new offices and production facility in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- October 2005
- KONAMI was selected as a supplier of casino management systems in Quebec, Canada, securing a sales contract in the process.
- November 2006
- Launched progressive jackpot products "Mystical Temple" and "Quick Strike" in the North American market.
- November 2007
- Launched "Advantage5" five-reel mechanical slot machines in the North American market
- July 2009
- Launched next-generation video slot machines in the "Podium" series in the North American market
- March 2010
- Launched innovative slot machines in the "Advantage Revolution" series in the North American market
- January 2011
- Launched "Rock around the Clock" for the Advantage Revolution and Advantage5 product lines in the North American market
- September 2015
- Construction was completed on the second factory for gaming devices in Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A.
The facade of the second factory completed in September, 2015
The completion ceremony for the second factory in progress