|This title is rated Mature (M) for:||
Since its inception, the Metal Gear franchise has been one of the most successful game series on any console receiving worldwide recognition and praise. The franchise that pioneered the stealth action genre is back with Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system. Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection includes three classic Metal Gear games.
Metal Gear Solid
- Lightly armed and facing an army of foes, Snake must avoid firefights in order to survive.
- If Snake is discovered, he can utilize advanced weaponry, ranging from silenced pistols to ground-to-air missiles.
- Enemies react to sight and sound.
- State-of-the-art graphics: Textures, transparencies, models and explosions.
- Suspenseful, gripping story with multiple endings for a truly cinematic experience.
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
- 350+ VR missions and 150+ alternative missions.
- Play through 5 "Snake Tales" levels involving Solid Snake.
- Skateboarding mode lets you explore the Big Shell as Raiden or Snake.
- Utilize stealth and infiltration methods, such as diving somersaults, hanging from ledges and using disguises.
- Fully interactive environments- bullets pierce steam pipes, smoke reveals laser beams and wet shoes leave footprints.
- Powerful musical score composed by Harry Gregson-Williams (Shrek, Armageddon, The Rock)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
- Relive history as the cold war and geo-political landscape change.
- Outsmart enemies with camouflage, close-quarters combat, stalking, interrogating, climbing, hunting and treating injuries.
- Pit yourself against an environment where traps catch enemies and prey, threats lurk in the shadows, and noise alert predators.
- Epic musical score composed by Harry Gregson-Williams (Shrek, Armageddon, The Rock) and immersive Dolby Prologic II surround sound.
"PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.