KONAMI ANNOUNCES YU-GI-OH 5D'S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2011 NOW AVAILABLE
Just in Time for the World Championship Tournament, Pioneering Card Game Returns to Nintendo DS with Online Multiplayer, over 4,200 Playable Cards and Puzzle Editor
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced nationwide availability for Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus for Nintendo DS™. The most recent of the annual tournament based card game brings the high-paced dueling, strategy and fun that's synonymous with all of the Yu-Gi-Oh! products, which span television, card games and video games.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus brings in a whole new story line that is torn in parallels from the hit television show, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds on Cartoon Network and on The CW 4Kids. Allowing players to play, duel and interact with characters from the show is one of the signature features in the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds series. In addition, new characters are introduced into the Yu-Gi-Oh! universe by allowing players to learn deeper subplots and alternate storylines.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus' deep story mode takes place in Crash Town, the abandoned and desolate town in which players helm the main character in an adventure to travel their way back to New Domino City. Time is of the essence as their perilous travels are all in hopes to make it back in time to compete in the World Racing Grand Prix. This is the Olympics of dueling where only the best of the best compete in some of the most intense dueling ever seen!
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus is crafted to cater to the duelist in every player, giving them new features and game play mechanics designed to make duels richer (with more than 4,200 playable cards) and enhance the competitive dueling. New and updated features include:
- MULTIPLAYER: Battle anyone, anywhere, anytime via Wi-Fi connection and compete in weekly duel championships each with new rules and live leader boards!
- REPLAY: Replay has been added, giving duelists the chance to save a duel and review it again to see where they had the most success or lost! Even see what moves the computer made!
- DECK DIAGNOSTICS : The Deck Diagnostics tool continues to give players instant feedback by offering players the chance to evaluate their decks and create better hands for dueling.
- DUEL PUZZLE EDITOR: The Duel Puzzle Editor allows players to post questions and answers via Wi-Fi connection while gaining points and rankings.
- TUTORIALS: Beginning duelists can jump right into the game with the all new in-game Tutorial that includes instructions in deck structuring and coaching tools to make the best "next move."
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus is rated E10+ by the ESRB and is available now at retail stores nationwide on Nintendo DS for the SRP of $29.99. Each game will come packaged with three exclusive trading cards. For more information, including screenshots of the game, please log onto www.konami.com/ygowct2011